Re: [linrad] For W3SZ

The strange thing is,

Not all of Leif's emails coming to me [from the same address] are rejected.

The email that Leif indicated was rejected was his 2nd response to me in an exchange
of queries and answers over a period of just a few minutes to perhaps a couple of
hours.  I received the first email with no problem, and soon after he sent it.  But
Leif indicated that [some] previous emails have not gotten thru.  So this is not
something that 'just happened' between the first and second messages he sent.

I would think that a computer-based rule based on his email address would stop all
messages from that address, and not let some thru but not others.

Comcast gives us the option of having the filters on or off.  Realizing that I may
miss some incoming emails, I have chosen to keep them turned on.

Vive le difference ;)

And now back to Linrad...

73,

Roger
W3SZ

----- Original Message Follows -----

> Hi Leif,
>
>    The message you received means that the destination refused your mail
> because it 'thinks' your site is a 'open relay'.
>
>    <rant>
>
>    I have NO kind words for sysadmins who set their systems up to refuse
> incoming mail.  I have had this problem myself sending PCB files to
> companies!!
>
>    The basic problem is that W3SZ's e-mail ISP is braindead.. NO clue..
>
>    It's like saying, someone once said you MIGHT send junk mail, so just
> to be sure I won't accept ANY mail from you EVER. Furthermore if you try
> to send mail to the SYSOP pointing this out, this mail TOO will be
> refused.
>
>    Like I said. A REALLY  clueless sysop.
>
>    </rant>
>
>    I hope the above helps. Simple solution, change e-mail providers.
> Problem solved.
>
>    regards to all,
>    john, ni1b
>

> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, [iso-8859-1] Leif Åsbrink wrote:
>
> > Hi Roger,
> >
> > I have tried to send mails to you several times in the past (comments
> > to things on MOON-NET) but I have got the following message from
> > MAILER-DAEMON:
> >
> > This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:
> > Your message was not delivered because the return address was refused.
> > The return address was 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'  (my address)
> >

> > This time my message was an answer to your question so I send it
> > via the Linrad mailing list.
> >
> > 73
> >
> > Leif

> > Hi Roger,
> >
> > > Will the hardware interface bug affect the 3 units I already have
> > > [RX2500, RX10700,
> > > RX70]?
> > Maybe. Depends on many things.
> >
> > If you see the message NO RESPONSE FROM HARDWARE it is probably
> > the bug, but it could also be incorrect connections.
> > The next version has a function for testing the serial communication to
> > the hardware so it will be easy to troubleshoot.
> >
> > The bug is that i forgot to update a variable against which time
> > is compared before the clock is toggled. This means that the clock
> > may become too fast on a fast computer..........
> >
> > I am waiting to see if there will be some response to the swap issue.
> > It is necessary to issue the command:
> >
> > swapoff -a
> >
> > Then verify that Linrad runs with the parameters you have selected.
> > If it does, just issue
> >
> > swapon -a
> >
> > to turn swap on again.
> >
> > This will be the recommendation unless someone has a better suggestion.
> >

> > 73
> >
> > Leif

73,
Roger Rehr