Re: [linrad] Linux

Sergio wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am in progress to switch distro from Mandrake to something else at
> least on one of my machines.  I played for a couple of days with a copy
> of RH 9.A that I found on some magazine.  Immediately I had to face
> one-hundred of difficulties I didn't have with MDK but that was somewhat
> expected.  I was told that RH basically is now totally obsolete and
> Fedora has replaced it. Before I get too much into it (RH) I'd like to
> check some opinions here.
> I am obviously not looking for a 'standard' distro in a world where it
> does basically not exhist one; anyhow, is anyone feeling like suggesting
> something 'oriented' in that direction.
> Cheers and good 2004 to all of you.
> Thanks in advance.
> Sergio

I have just been trying out SuSE 9 Pro and so far I find it to be
superior to Redhat 9/Shrike.  Better handling of more hardware and more
apps included with and integrated with the distro.

Now that Novell has acquired SuSE they should have a broader market
presence, a stronger financial foundation, and insulation from some of
the silliness going on in the EU court systems.

IMHO, YMMV ...

Blessings this New Year & 73, doc kd4e

--
"Wars and rumors of wars, disasters, and social decay,
yet undaunted for love and peace we pray."  dmc