[linrad] Re: Linrad-02.pre and ssh

----- Original Message -----
From: <leif@xxxxxxxxxx>

> I do not know how to use ssh

It is very simple ( at least  in my SUSE9.2 standard configuration) and has
the very important  benefit of keeping an access to a linux box  via a tty
session when the  console-driver  in the target system is dead  (for example
due to svgalib troubles ), or when one wants to monitor linrad.

The only command I have to enter is:
"ssh 192.168.1.105"
where 192.168.1.105 is the IP number of the linux box I want to access.
This IP¨number is the one that is displayed in one of the startup-messages
of the target linux system.
.
You can also acces the target linux system from a Windows box in the same
lan .
All you have to do there is download and install the  "putty" program from
the internet in your windows computer, start putty and enter the same IP
number as above.

The basic requirements are of course that the two computers are connected in
a lan, that ssh is installed  AND that the firewall on the target linux box
is disabled (brute force solution ) , or configured in such a way that ssh
sessions are allowed.

73,

Pierre/ON5GN