[linrad] Re: Linrad-02.00

Hello Rein and All,

> Assuming that the linrad file is a stand alone file ( Program )
There is also errors.lir and help.lir that I forgot to add into
the zip file. The program runs without them but you will not get
error messages.

> I tried it on 2 machines:
>
> Pentium 400 MHz, WinSE98 with sound blaster card ( this card will work
> with DSPBlaster under DOS )
> Pentium 2 GHz with Delta44 and AC97 . ( My double boot win/Linux machine )
>
> The first time I loaded linrad
> It asked for the graphics ( used "1",  seems to work fine )
> Next it came up with available sound cards for input
>
> 0 FMTS  = fff  SB16 [220]
> 1  etc a few other devices
>
> I select "0"
>
> Q  Do you need other channels on this card?  A No
>
> "Can not query under Windows"   Is this a statement or an error message?
It is a statement. I would be very happy if someone could
tell me how I can query a soundcard to get its capabilities.
The only info I can get is the vendor text string.

> Q  Sample freq  A = 8000    Q bits?  A = 16
>
> Q select mode  A 1 normal audio   Error message : Stereo Device does not
> accept mono!
> Select 2  ( I/Q ) it does accept this choice.
You would typically select 3 and just not feed anything into
the second channel unless you have direct conversion hardware.
(Better use a mono-capable soundcard)

> Q select output device A = "0"  SB 16[220
>
> Linrad appers to be working in I/Q mode -4 Khz to = 4 Khz
>
> Have sound volume control is working and graphics are working
> in mode B  ( normal CW )
>
> It did not accept A ( weak CW  )  error 2004  , no error file present
> could get out of the program with <ESC>
This means that sound output could not be opened.
My guess is that Windows does not support full duplex for SB16

> The only keys operating are B ( mode )  U and W
>

> After a few excursions I find myself now in a situation that it does not
> seem to accept the selections in "U"
> and the program has stopped working.

Remove par_userint to get access to "U". Then type "W" after you
made your choices AND EXIT IMMEDIATELY. (a bug, both under Linux
and Windows) Then restart linrad.

To get weak signal CW, remove par_wcw* and restart.
The modes "A" and "B" is exactly the same code. Only
the parameters differ so you can set the parameters
to a working initial state by copying all the
par_cw* files to par_wcw

> The location is in C:/linrad and the param file is there as well
>
> vga mode [0]
> font scale [1]
> mouse speed [0]
> input mode [-1]
> rx channels [0]
> ad channels [0]
> ad speed [0]
> ad device no [0]
> ad device mode [0]
> ad frag [0]
> da device no [0]
> min da speed [0]
> max da speed [0]
> max da channels [0]
> max da bytes [0]
> min da channels [0]
> min da bytes [0]
> da stop/start [0]
> memlock [0]
> check [2220200]

This does not look right. Parameters not saved correctly - but it
could be because of the bug.........

> Change only between brackets.
> If file has errors, Linrad will ignore file and prompt
> for a complete set of new parameters
>
> Linrad-02.00
>
> It appears that no parameters are saved at this point!
Yes. Try fresh without par_userint and save immediately.
Then exit immediately (This is ONLY for Linrad-02.00)

> On the other machine I can't get sound cards selected ( either 2 * delta
> or  delta and AC97 )
Presumably Windows does not think the cards are properly
installed;-)