[linrad] Re: latest version ?

leif@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello Richard,

What's the latest release of Linrad now, and whats its status with running with win2000.

The latest version, experimental or stable is always
at the bottom of:
http://www.sm5bsz.com/linuxdsp/linroot.htm

The latest stable version is at
http://www.sm5bsz.com/linuxdsp/linrad.htm

I'd like to have a look at it running with wine so I can build a wee diddy computer without
a noisy video card and use VNC to control it.

?????????

I was referring to the RF rubbish that comes off some of these cards.
Mine puts a lovely sprog at 144.298 MHz .
I never saw any problem caused by the video card.
Surely there are problems with crt screens...

Linrad can be rather demanding on video speed. You
may need to update the screen at 10 Hz if you like
live waterfall graphs. That is typically 1024x768x10
bytes per second (about 60 megabit per second)
You can set it to write much faster.

In order to work at all under Windows, Linrad has its
own copy of the screen from which it uses blitting
to refresh the screen areas that have changed.

You may set long averaging times to make the demand
on the graphics very small.

Thanks Leif, I'll download an play

Richard