[linrad] Re: Trouble with svgalib mouse support

Hi Robert,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert E Farrell" <bfarrell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2006 12:20 AM
Subject: [linrad] Trouble with svgalib mouse support

Hi

I am running SuSE 10.0; svgalib 1.9.24. I am running on a P-III with an
nvidia graphics card and a Logitech PS-2 mouse (three button) vintage about
15 years ago. SuSE had no trouble finding and configuring for the mouse
which it identified as PS2-Logitech.

When I run the Linrad mousetest, the screen clears and a small yellow
square appears at the upper left of the screen. When I move the mouse
nothing happens. When I click or try a drag operation, nothing happens.
Finally I "controlC" to kill it.

I use same linux setup but with AMD CPU 1.7MHZ. and 256 RAM
About the mouse config I have resolved with add in /etc/vga/svgalib.config
/dev/psaux. I use Wheel Mouse and have activated relatived line, after add the mdev /dev/psaux
It work ok.

I get some complaints during the install of the helper. The other day my
path could find insmod, but today it could not and the manual I have for
Linux does not tell where to look for the command, so I just did a find
until it found one at /lib/klibc/bin/insmod. I don't know if that is right
or not. When insmod runs it complains that it cannot install
svgalib_helper.o. When I change the command to "insmod svgalib_helper.ko"
it seems to do that. It complains that it "Failed to initialize mouse".

Here I have use " insmod svgalib_helper.ko " . Linrad it is opened normally.

Now I have problem with Alsa configuration. I have inside two sound, AC97 and Delta 44.
Probably the setup mixer  it is not  correct

Although I have been using Unix for 25 years, so far I'm finding Linux
frustrating. So I ask anyone that can help to please be patient with my
frustration.  Tell me what to do in a very specific manner.

Thanks for any help.

Since this is the weekend, I will be unable to see any responses until
Monday.

Thanks,

Bob
KD5HNU