[linrad] linrad 02.05 and Debian Etch

This is just a quick note to note that to my surprise here at Hilltop where I am running Debian Etch, XLinrad-02.05 runs fine with no glitches, no mouse-related-crashes, etc.

I guess this was somewhat predictable since Leif had no problems at his site, but I was very surprised nonetheless.

I did find that I couldn't 'make' xlinrad until I updated my packages and brought in some X11 header files, etc.  I am not sure which change made it possible to compile, but anyway things are working.  THe problem was that there was no X11/Xlib.h file present and so make failed before I did these things. Now /usr/X11R6/include/X11 contains the requisite files and all is well.

So Debian Etch and xlinrad-02.05 work fine together here.
I am running Debian Etch with kernel 2.6.15-1-486.

My problems with Debian Sarge and xlinrad-02.05 have already been reported.  So changing to Debian Etch makes a large difference:  complete success with Etch vs major glitches with Sarge.

73,

Roger
W3SZ