[linrad] Re: xlinrad 02.05 : conversion of x keycodes to ascii

Hi Pierre,

> In case xlinrad 02.06 is not yet out, could you have a look at the conversion
> logic of the X keycodes to ASCII codes?
Hmmm, I do not understand it.
It operates on strings. I have tried to compile it, but I can
not make it work.

I want key-presses to be sent to Linrad one by one so action
can be taken on single presses. Presumably that is what
you already done with patches. Can you send something that works
on your computer?

> In xlinrad 02.05 I had problems with the U option in the main menu:
> After I got the screen with the overview of all possible audio devices to
> select from, I was not able to enter the number of the selected audio device
> and had to quit xlinrad.
>
> After some tracing it turned out that the X keycodes from the numerical keypad
> were not correctly converted to the corresponding ascii value.
> After a  very  rough patch in the conversion-routine in xmain.c , everything
> was running fine.
>
> I include the code I found on the internet for  'xkey.c'  that is  doing a
> similar  conversion job (but much in a much more elegant way  than my
> patches)  :
Hmmm, questionable;-)

73

Leif