[linrad] Re: svgalib segfaults

Leif Asbrink wrote:
Hello Ramiro,

I also have not been able to reproduce the bug on my desktop computer.
The bug shows only on my laptop computer.

I have been trying to run Linrad under gdb and valgrind but any of them allows it. I cant run Linrad within them.

This seems odd, I thought that an X11 installation would
always look the same to an application (like valgrind).
Can you install valgrind without errors?

Hello Leif,

I use valgrind stardard Debian sarge package, so there is no problem in installing it.

I have no idea what this means. Maybe you could install
the lastest one, svgalib-1.9.24. If you do, and if you do not remove the old /etc/vga/libvga.config you will
have to edit the file manually to add a line NoHelper
to avoid having to install svgalib_helper.

I am going to try it now.

What can I do to run Linrad under the debuggers?

Hopefully someone else can answer this:-)

No one answered that :-(

73, Ramiro.