[linrad] Re: Missing par_xx_fg

Hi Jan and all,

The frequency control box is removed from the screen when
there is no hardware to send data to. You may add your
own users_hwaredriver.c by renaming users.c

This way you can tell Linrad how you want the frequency
control box to behave.

Change the routine users_open_devices(void)
for it to set allow_freq_graph=TRUE;
Having no hardware to control there is no need to open ports.

Use set_hardware_rx_frequency(void) to specify in what
direction you want the frequency scale.
Use void set_hardware_rx_gain(int band_no) to set the
step size for clicking the arrows to change frequency.
By doing nothing else in these routines you will have
the functionality of earlier Linrad versions.

The earlier versions used the default Linrad code to
write data to the parallel port, always assuming you have
WSE converters.

In case you do not want to change frequency or direction
from the control window, just set fixed values in the
above routines and set allow_freq_graph=FALSE; (default)

I added a feature to Linrad-02.15 for it to always create
a par_xx_fg file if there is no such file. The user can then
set either

direction [-1]

or

direction [1]

to decide what direction he wants the frequency scale.

If you give Linrad a parallel port number it should believe
you have WSE units and then the frequency control should
work as in earlier versions (with errors if WSE is not there)

73

Leif  /  SM5BSZ