[linrad] Re: WSE Freq-select box

Hello Joe,

Maybe your Linrad version is very old? The current version
is 02-34.

The freq control box was originaly intended for controlling
the frequency of the hardware. The standard package
supports the WSE units and the SDR-14 and users with other
hardwares were supposed to add their own users_hwaredriver
to set the frequency of other hardwares. With this intended
usage, the frequency control box was only displayed when
there was some hardware present (and properly set-up)

The frequency control box will not only affect the hardware,
it will also change the frequency scales, and someone asked me
to allow it always. Therefore it should be present always
in recent versions.

If you use Linux you have to set the parallel port to whatever
value your computer uses (PC COM1 is usually 888) and if you
do not, the freq control box would not appear in old Linrad
versions.

In case the freq control box does not re-appear when you
make a test with Linrad-02.34 there is something unexpected
going on and if it happens, please pack all par* files and
send them to me. There might be something that I do no longer
remember.....

The box should always be there:-)

73

Leif  /  SM5BSZ