[linrad] Re: MAP65 and Linrad Network

Hi Leif,

Moreover, one will almost certainly want separate screens for Linrad and MAP65 -- both of which generally use most or all of a normal-size screen.

Yes, I agree - but those who have only one standard computer
should know it is possible - if it really is;-)

When MAP65 is available, I will be sure to document how it can best be used, and what the hardware requirements will be.

Hmmm, I would have liked a file that allows me to play with
Linrad on the data that are sent to MAP65. Presumably you have
a couple of spurs and perhaps other "interesting" interference
that MAP65 (or at least the waterfall graph) would benefit from
not getting.

This will not be a problem. I have the original raw data file and have placed it at http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/061111_0744.raw.bz2

It is 263 MB in size.

One of the nuisances of using the original data file is that Linrad's raw data are not time-stamped. As you know, JT65 transmissions must start at the top of a UTC minute. To use the raw data file effectively with MAP65 you will need to do something to ensure that the multicast packets contain times that are close to being "correct" with respect to the original time (modulo 60 seconds).

Surely, for MAP65 testing and development I agree that your
strategy is more convenient - but from my point of view the
original file is far more interesting....

Yes. It probably will be far more interesting, for you especially. You will find plenty of birdies and other junk in the test file!! See http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/MAP65_1.JPG .

	-- Joe, K1JT