[linrad] Beta Testing of MAP65

This morning I made the first QSOs using the new program MAP65: ZL2DX, VK4JMC, and VK4CDI were worked on 2m EME.

A basic description of the MAP65 program can be found at http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/MAP65_Status.txt . Although the document posted there was written six months ago, most of it is still relevant and correct. I will bring the description up-to-date soon.

Later this week I expect to make a packaged version of MAP65 available to a few beta testers. IZ7EZN and HB9Q will be in the first group.

The purpose of this message is (1) to ask whether anyone else is interested in participating in the early tests, and (2) to ask whether subscribers to this list would like to see the discussion that takes place among the beta testers. (If not, we will carry on our discussions more privately.)

In order to use the present version of MAP65 on the air you will need the following:

1. A 144 MHz EME system with Xpol antenna and separate Rx feedlines for the two polarizations.

2. An operating Linrad system, version 02.34. Linrad should be set up to sample four signals -- an I/Q complex pair for each polarization -- at 96000 Hz. (Equivalently, two real channels sampled at 192000 Hz would also work.)

3. A second computer on which to run MAP65, with a network connection between the two computers. The MAP65 computer must have at least 1 GB memory and a 1.4 GHz or faster CPU.

	-- 73, Joe, K1JT