[linrad] Re: Testing MAP65 v0.8

Stan wrote:
Hello Rick,

can you point me to some specific models for managed switches, so I can read up ?

This should get you started:

http://www.ctrlink.com/managed_features.htm

There are also some really good docs available on Cisco's site after you register.

The good stuff is Cisco gear, and has a wide range of prices, depending on whether you are looking at a high-speed backbone app or just wiring closet use. Some of the stuff at Cisco is pretty reasonably priced. Ebay has better deals on used Cisco gear

There are a wide variety of manufacturers out there, but again the best is Cisco IMHO, but almost anything with IGMP snooping will handle segmentation of multicast traffic.

There are some pretty good deals on used gear on Ebay, some even cheaper than a do-nothing typical consumer switch in a plastic case.

Rick Kunath, k9ao