[linrad] Re: problems getting inpout32.dll working with qt3 forwindows

Roger:

I am somewhat confused since I believe we have incomplete information. You mention Qt3. I have several questions.

Are you using the commercial licensed copy of Qt3 or are you attempting to build using Qt3 under MinGW?

If it is the latter, I really do suggest you use Qt4 but forget that for the moment. Tell us why you are not using Qt4?

Are you able to run MSYS and mingw under Windows XP 64?

WCHAR is a 16 bit unicode character and char is an 8 bit quantity. You are in a bit of a bother I would say.

Thanks,
Bob

Roger Rehr wrote:
Hello, All,

After getting a good 3 hours sleep the obvious hit me [and worked better to get me out of bed than the alarm clock]:

the reason for the changed behavior was that I had left a modified windef.h file from Linrad in the PATH. After removing it I am back to the previous behavior, getting the error message:

form.ui.h:30: error: cannot convert 'const char*' to 'constWCHAR*' for argument '1' to 'HINSTANCE__* LoadLibraryW<const WCHAR*>'

Again, sorry for the bandwidth, but any help is appreciated!

73,

W3SZ
Roger Rehr
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz

Quoting Roger Rehr <w3sz@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hello, All,

This is somewhat off topic, but not really as I am trying to make an
external program to control my SM5BSZ WSE boxes in windows XP64.  They
are nicely controlled via Linrad running under Windows XP64, but I am
having trouble compiling and linking the windows version of QT3 to get
my separate controller running.

QT3-designer compiles and runs, and my wsecontrol application compiles
fine until I try to add the inpout32.dll to it.  When I add the lines:

HINSTANCE h_inpout;
h_inpout =    LoadLibrary("C:\inpout32\Win32\npout32.dll");

to my progam without adding an #include <windows.h> I of course get an
error message on 'make' that LoadLibrary is undeclared.

When I added an #include <windows.h> I got for several hours today when
running 'make' or 'mingw32-make' an error that
char* could not be converted to WCHAR* in HINSTANCE.  I am not able to
take care of this by using an intermediate variable, nor by attempting
a static_cast or dynamic_cast.

Roger Rehr
W3SZ
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz