[linrad] Re: problems getting inpout32.dll working with qt3forwindows

Hi, Bob, Leif, Chris and all,

It turns out that Chris's suggestion of changing the syntax of the LoadLibrary statement by putting an L in front of the "C:\..." did the trick and with that the program compiles with no errors.

I am now at the stage of getting a runtime fatal error when I insert the function call to oup32fp, but everything up to that step works fine, so I am getting closer ;)

Thanks Chris for the tip!! I am quite certain I would NOT have discovered that anytime soon. I had gone right by code using that syntax. ;)

I haven't found a page that explains the "L" syntax, but I have now found many examples of it, and not just with LoadLibrary, but more generally when an external windows dll or process is being passed text of some form from within a C++ program. Here are some other examples for the interested:

x.bstrVal = ::SysAllocString(L"C:\\Doc1.doc");

HRESULT hr = CLSIDFromProgID(L"Word.Application", &clsid);

AutoWrap(DISPATCH_PROPERTYPUT, NULL, pPropSubject, L"Value", 1, x);

wprintf(L"Failed calling ITask::SetWorkingDirectory: ");

lpcwszTaskName = L"Test Task";

So I BELIEVE but am not sure that the L before a string converts it from character to wide-character format. Since my original problem was that I had 'char' type when I needed 'wchar_t' type, it would make sense that this would correct the problem. But I didn't find this stated anywhere, so take this as a guess from a C++ non-programmer.

Have a great day, and

73,

W3SZ
Roger Rehr