[linrad] Re: segmentation fault

Hi Dan,

> I followed that sequence and selected U, everything worked as described
> below. There is no option for selecting a sound card. It jumps to
> requesting baud rate, reporting lack of ability to perform input and
> output together, and then seg faulting.

If there is only one possibillity Linrad will silently choose it.

Look in the file soundboard_init.log, it may give a hint on
what is going wrong.

You were not prompted for choosing RDONLY or RDWR so you should
find either "User selected RDONLY" or "Only RDONLY available"
in the log file.

Before requesting a sampling speed, Linrad should inform you
about what device it selected on the top of the screen.
Something like:
For analog input: /dev/dsp opened in RDWR mode

You should then see: "Select radio interface:" on line 10
on the screen followed by a list of modes. I guess you have it ok
and have selected 1 or 2.

Then you are prompted for input sampling rate. At this point
you need true OSS to know what your hardware capabilities are.
I suspect you are using alsa-oss and that does not behave correctly,
it might suggest you can choose frequencies up tp 192 kHz.

It seems you get this message:
No device found for 8/16 bit output while input is open.
You may use Linrad to watch spectra and record raw data.
Linrad will now look for devices that can be used to
output sound while processing recorded data.

Does it stay on screen untill you press a key?

The next step is searching for a writeable device.
The soundboard_init.log file should have the details.
Maybe there is no output that works properly - then there
could be a segfault because I have not provided an error exit
for this case which I have never seen.