[linrad] Re: Difficulties

Roger Rehr wrote:

Check out the files on the webpage I referenced
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/linradnoise.html

I think there may be longer versions there.

 Hi Roger,

thanks for the pointer. I checked there, but all the WAV files appear to have been recorded after some sort of bandpass filtering, which stretched the noise pulses, making the effectiveness of the noise blanker almost zero.

I think you and Leif have already played with 96 kHz sampling rate wav files from march 2006 that I recorded of the w3ccx beacon with rotor and other noise. These 9 files range in size from 17 to 30 MB. I also have S files of 27 and 71 MB the contents of which are respectively a very weak w3ccx beacon in noise and 144 MHz WSJT EME with some noise, respectively. I saved the latter as a 'noise' file, but in a quick listen it really didn't seem very noisy today ;)

Let me know if you want any of those.

Yes, I remember that, but was hoping to be able to do some tests with new and different files.
If you have a pointer to noisy and unfiltered (broadband) WAV files they are welcome, thanks.

73  Alberto  I2PHD