[linrad] MAP65 progress

Hi Joe, Leif and all

Well not to much happens regarding our progress testing MAP65, in
HB9Q we finish the  feeder installation on our 15m dish but until now
I can not put the WSE converters to work, main problem is to control
the LO on the WSE, simple doesn't work. But our main problem was
time, i just back from a complicate knee surgery and I'm recovery now
at home. HB9Q is 100 km far way from my QTH means i need to wait some
weeks and back to work on the WSE converters.

I did some test in my network and I find the configuration very
simple but until know I have no chance to test over the Air, I try to
use MAP65 on HF (14.076 Mhz) at home I have not EME antennas but
MAP65 is fix on JT65B and on HF mode is JT65A, maybe some can Joe fix
on the next versions to test the decoding

Based on the extra time I have now at home I start to build a "poor
man WSE converters", for sure the core will be linrad and the use of
some softrock lite v6.2 receptors to produce 4 audio channels (having
adaptative polarization is my goal). I'm close to finish the front
end part, 2 receptors down from 144 Mhz to 14 Mhz using for both
receptors a 130 Mhz LO (same amplitud and phase) and a +17dbm mixer,
the second part are 2 softrock receptors with a diplexer in front
plus a 14 Mhz IF amplifier, both softrock receptors share the same
LO.

I'm not desing nothing special, I decide to try that on the KISS
way (keep it simple and stupid), I use some mmic amplifiers like
GALI74, ERA5 and MAR6, 3 pole helical filters on the Front end part
and a good desing for the LO (thank's leif for the ideas in your
homepage) to have very low phase noise, the final part will be the
DELTA44 and Linrad

For Linrad I want to see if I have any advantage to run Linrad
under linux, if some body give me good arguments maybe I try my first
Linux setup, please dont tell me one is better than the other one,
I'm not interested in how good or bad is one or the other OS, I only
want to know advantge when i run LINRAD under LINUX otherwise I will
keep the Windows version.

For this "poor man WSE converter" I dont expect equal or better
performance than the orginal WSE converters, dont worry Leif your WSE
converters are the really State of the Art,  I only want to build
that for pure experimentation, i know the softrock receptors are
simple but also are mediocre to bad in IP3 and intermodulation
products, if everything go and run maybe I decide to produce
something better on the back end part instead of the softrock, is
better to have Adaptative polarization even with this mediocre system
than nothing.

I will share my progress on my homepage (as soon I finish the
webpages) but please this project is not for somebody who cares until
the las DB fraction, IP3 levels or high performance, is more related
with a system can work with less money but off course with less
quality, its a compromise,  I want to see how bad can be the numbers.
For this project the only instruments I have is a Spectrum analyzer
up to 1.5GHZ ( no tracking generator), a 30 Mhz osciloscope and a
Fluke RF probe. Maybe a serious evaluation need to be done by some
body with more experience and instruments than me.

Ideas and recomendations are welcome

Best regard to all

Alex Artieda
HB9DRI