[linrad] Re: SDR-IQ

Hi, Dave,

Glad to hear that you got things calibrated.

I have used my SDR-IQ on Linux as well as on windows.

I had a similar problem to what you describe in August when I installed a new version of Ubuntu. THings had worked OK before that. Here is an excerpt from an exchange RObin AA4RC and I had on the SDR-IQ list at that time. It is structured with earliest text at the bottom, newest at the top. Let me know if you need more info:

******start excerpted text******

I should have noted in the email I just posted that I added the line
rmmod ftdi_sio

to the beginning of Leif's file /etc/linrad/usb_sdr14
so that the ftdi_sio driver is automatically removed each time Ubuntu reboots.

73,

W3SZ
Roger Rehr
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz

Quoting Robin Cutshaw <aa4rc@xxxxxxxxx>:

One of the issues with the IQ is that of USB ID.  It uses the generic ID so
the kernel will install the ftdi_sio driver instead of the ft245 driver you
just installed.  Do a "lsmod |grep ftdi" to see if this is the case.  If the
ft245 driver has control of the IQ, you should see a line in the system file
/var/log/messages stating that /dev/ttyUSB0 (or another number) is
allocated.  If the ftdi_sio driver is installed, run "rmmod ftdi_sio"
followed by "insmod ft245.ko" in the directory you compiled the new driver.

Robin

AA4RC
  _____

From: SDR-IQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [http://www.nitehawk <http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz> .com/w3sz

Quoting Robin Cutshaw <aa4rc@xxxxxx <mailto:aa4rc%40amsat.org&gt; org>:

A new version was just posted to SourceForge. Let me know if you have
problems with it.

********end excerpted text.

The Linux FT245 driver is at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ftdi-usb-ft245/

Hope that helps, and

73,

W3SZ
Roger Rehr
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz

Quoting Dave Blaschke <w5un@xxxxxx>:

I'm trying to enable the spur reduction, but Enable AFC/Spur/Decode
only allows me to choose 0 or 1, not 2, so I guess the Windows
version of Linrad does not contain this feature; Is this correct?

Also, My LINUX version of Linrad does not recognize my SDR-IQ; has
this been fixed?

Roger: I'm happy to report I have successfully calibrated. The smart
noise blanker now works.

Dave, W5UN