[linrad] Got Them EME Window / call3.txt Blues Again

Hello, All,

I am trying to set up the EME Window on Linrad for Windows and having difficulty.

I have re-discovered the following:

1. Linrad wants the emedirectory to be C:\emedir, NOT \home\emedir or C:\home\emedir as in Linux [not documented that I can see].

2. dir.skd is no longer available on the net. At least I couldn't find it. Even af9y's links for it are broken.

3.  If call3.txt is either copied from a wsjt download or downloaded from
http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/tracker.htm and placed in the emedir, Linrad rejects it with the error:

[1230]routine:init_eme_database file:eme.c Failed to read CALL3.TXT Excessive line length or field too long.

4.  The reference page
http://www.sm5bsz.com/linuxdsp/run/emewin.htm
makes no mention of the fact that linrad may potentially use call3.txt, but only mentions the now essentially defunct dir.skd, eme.dta, and allcalls.dta files. I thought I remembered that as a result of a previous posting linrad would work with call3.txt, but was stymied by #4 above.

I am very suspicious that all of this is old information and that I am having a major deja vu experience, but figured I would send this to the list after Google failed to give me what I need ;)

All of this came about as I was preparing to give a lecture and 'how to' session on Linrad tomorrow. I guess I'll skip the eme window, at least from Windows ;)

[Yes I have everything working from Linux including the EME Window]

73,

W3SZ
Roger Rehr
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz