[linrad] Re: MAP65 compiling

Hi Alberto and all,

Alberto E. Zagni (I2KBD) wrote:

I have just a couple of questions about current MAP65 compiling status:
- Is MAP65 currently only working on Windows platform?

MAP65 runs under Windows and Linux. A packaged executable (version 0.8, r502) is available on the WSJT Home Page for Windows. You must compile it yourself for Linux, from the source code.

- Did you cross compile MAP65.EXE under Linux or directly on Win?

I compile the Windows executable under Windows. My development setup uses the Microsoft VC6 and Compaq Visual Fortran compilers on Windows. These compilers are somewhat dated and not widely available, and it would be good to convert to using the GNU compilers, either directly on Windows or cross-compiling under Linux. I have not yet done this.

- What's your plan for a (beta) release of source code to play with?

The MAP65 source code has been freely available for nearly a year, as the program develops. It is located in the same Berlios repository as WSJT. The easiest was to download the full source code for MAP65 is to install the program Subversion and then type

svn co https://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/wsjt/branches/map65

at a command prompt.

After some work, with help from Roger W3SZ I have been successful to compile WSJT598 on Ubuntu 7.10 and I would like to do the same for MAP65, since I am planning to make some experiments on 6m JT65a.

You should know that the present MAP65 code uses only the JT65B mode.

Just for your knowledge, next month the Ciao Radio H102 direct sampling receiver with dual parallel input should be available, and I am curious to see if it can be used for dual polarization EME work.

This sounds interesting!

	-- 73, Joe, K1JT