Re: Linrad Block Diagram

Hello Guy,

I have looked at your setup pages for Linrad. I haven't tried them yet,
but my application should be very similar to yours. I work weak signal
CW on the microwave bands. I have an SDR-14 and I switch between the
0-30 and direct inputs to look at either the 28 mhz IF from one of four
transverters on 50-144-222-or 432 mhz. On the direct input I look at the
144 mhz IF from one of six selected transverters on 903, 1296, 2304,
3456, 5760, or 10368 mhz.

I have been using the set up parameters as listed by W3SZ. I will try
yours and see if I can notice any difference. I am curious to see if the
setting for the SDRIQ will work for the SDR-14 on the 0-30 mhz input.

On the direct input I had to insert an LNA and band pass filter for the
144 mhz band. I saw too many phantom signals on the display. After
putting the BPF/LNA combination in place it all cleaned up very well.

So far, the sensitivity of the SDR is about equal to my IF radio. The
only advantage is that I don't have to tune up and down to find off
frequency signals (and that is a very nice advantage). I was hoping to
have more sensitivity on the SDR so I could dig some weak ones out that
I could not copy on my IF radio. So far, I have not been able to do
that. Thus, my interest in your set of alternate parameters in hope of
achieving this goal.

Keep up the good work.

Merry Christmas and 73,

Dave, K4TO