[Linrad] Re: Linrad-03.00

Thanks everyone.

I will work on this.

Ubuntu 8.10 x86_64 is definitely not the same as 7.1! Things are
rearranged a bit for 32, 64, compatibility, etc.

Other information:

I have been running GnuRadio, PowerSDR, SDRMaxIII, HPSDR, etc. on my new
$85 motherboard/CPU bundle SDR supercomputer.

The Intel D945GCLF2 motherboard comes with a Core 2 64 bit technology
with two hyperthread cores. It is low power, low price, and runs windows
and linux 64 bit kernels.

It has parallel port, serial port, usb 2.0, and GigE ethernet. It is
Mini ITX. I build the computer, total, for $240 using parts from NewEgg,
Tigerdirect, and the junk box.

Each core runs at 1.6 Ghz. It has SSE4.1 support. You can read all over
the internet how the low power notebooks (using this processor) are
killing high end sales and how Microsoft is so mad at Intel they are
ready to throttle them because everyone is putting XP on these things (I
put an old XP64 on it and upgraded online to the latest).

I know the thing is good enough to run a 32 bit kernel in a emulator
using kvm/qemu and run Linrad. I would like it to run 64 bit. Linrad
will run easily on this because of all the hand optimization Leif has
put into this.

Its graphics support, using the Intel graphics engine is more than fast
enough for everything is doing or might do.

This is NOT a gaming computer (thank goodness). Flat out, running all
threads, etc. it burns < 40w.

If anyone here decides to get one and you need help, email me. I am so
impressed I replace practically everyone's computer with this from my
mother, children, nieces and nephews (and I don't even own stock in Intel!).

Bob
N4HY

--
ARRL SDR Working Group Chair