From: w3sz <73w3sz@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Linrad] HPSDR Mercury and Linrad
Date: Sun, February 01, 2009, 11:10:00

Hi All,

One of the [many] things I really like about my Flex5000a and the
PowerSDR software is that the developers have designed things so that I
get a "Flex5000 Audio" device under Windows that I can use as an input
to Linrad, and I can thus have both the benefits of the extraordinarily
versatile PowerSDR Software and also of the fantastic Linrad bandscope.

I have a couple of HPSDR Mercury/Penelope combinations that I have been
playing with, and I would love to get the 192 kHz output from Mercury
and use it for the same purposes.  Unfortunately, it doesn't produce a
similar 'audio device' that is available as an input to Linrad.

I know that the Flex developers have more than enough very important
projects on their plates and don't want to bother them with my trivia.

I am hoping that someone else on this list is also interested in using
Mercury/Penelope with Linrad, and would be interested enough to help me
by helping me to get moving in the right direction.  I have started
looking through the PowerSDR source code under the PennyMerge and
other
branches, but with my high cortical density and lack of experience I
haven't yet recognized what I need to know to get started.

My goal would be to set up an 'audio out' just as is available for the
Flex5000, so that I can be running PowerSDR and Linrad with Mercury and
Penny at the same time.