[Linrad] Re: Linrad and MAP65-IQ

Hi,

Today I have made the firsts serius tests with Linrad and MAP65-IQ.
MAP65-IQ gets OK the input from Linrad over the localhost (127.0.0.1)
address,  but I have found quite a few important problems:

There is one issue related to Linrad (version 03.02).  After starting
Linrad, I click on the main waterfall display to select a QRG. This works OK
the first time, but the second time I click on the waterfall to select a
different QRG, Linrad always crashes with the following message:

INTERNAL ERROR: 745251
Could not find info no 745251
Error[745251] No info available in errors.lir

I start Linrad with "Above normal" priority.

The other issues seam related to MAP65-IQ:

1.- It always shows “No RX data” during 20 seconds (from second 40 until
second 00 of next minute). From second 00 to 40 it receives data.

2.- Program randomly quits without any message. I mean all MAP65-IQ windows
are closed.  This has happened about 4 times in one hour.

3.- The QRG shown in MAP65-IQ's Waterfall is 4 kHz lower that in Linrad. I
mean, if I click on the same signal in Linrad's waterfall and on MAP65's
waterfall.

4.- It never decodes.  I haven't been able to decode any signal, even when
they were very strong. (could it has to do with problem #1 ?)

5.- Even moving the “Digital gain” slider completely to the left I still get
“RX: 4.6 dB”. I don’t know how to make it go down to near 0 dB. I guess that
might be it should be configured in Linrad, but how?

6.- This is a question only. What are the “Speed” radio buttons in Waterfall
display for? I don’t see any difference choosing one value or another.

7.- An this is a modification request. Having a waterfall display updated in
real-time is an absolute need, at least the waterfall of the selected QRG
should be updated.  It's not a good solution having to select a QRG in both
Linrad and MAP65 just to have the chance to see how the signal looks. For me
this is a very, very serius drawback of MAP65-IQ.

All tests have been made with a machine with a Core2Duo 2.3 GHz processor, 2
GB or memory and Windows XP Professional. Processor load was never above
40%, even during decoding (above 14% the rest of the time)

I looking forward to some ideas of where to start looking at in order to
make more tests.

Thanks.

73. Gabriel - EA6VQ
Web-Site: HTTP://www.vhfdx.net <HTTP://www.vhfdx.net>