Subject: Request for *.sbs file
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:54:56 -0400
From: Joe Taylor <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: iv3nwv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Nico,

A number of owners (and potential owners) of your Perseus
receiver have been asking me whether it can be used with my
program MAP65-IQ, designed for digital EME.

Unfortunately, my present answer has to be NO.  MAP65-IQ was
written to support the SDR-IQ receiver from RF Space; it
works together with the Linrad software by SM5BSZ, and it
requires use of a particular downsampling ratio that
produces a sample rate of 66666667/700 = 95238.1 Hz from the
SDR-IQ into Linrad.  After initial processing, Linrad passes
the data on to MAP65-IQ at the same sample rate.

As I understand the Perseus architecture, it seems that
Perseus could provide the necessary sample rate into Linrad
by using a 1/21 downsampling ratio from the present 2 MHz
sample rate: 2000000/21 = 95238.1 Hz.

Would it be possible for you to make a *.sbs file so that
Perseus can support this sample rate?  If that can be done,
I think you will have a number of happy users of the Perseus
receiver for the purpose of digital EME.

With best wishes,

	-- 73, Joe, K1JT

LINRADDARNIL