[Linrad] Re: Map65IQ and softrock V9

Hi Jacques,

I am using Linrad with a V9 with Si570 LO and pre-selector ahead the V9
and it is working great. I also have been using SDR I/Q though not with
Linrad/Winrad at another station and I like the Softrock at least as much
as the SDR I/Q.
Using a preselector helps with the SI570 spurious signals  The SI 570 LO is
not as clean as one would like. ( compared to the x-tal LO )

The softrock requires more care with avoiding ground loops etc
then the SDR I/Q. The softrock apprach also requires a soundcard.
( Delta44 in my case )

As a stand alone 10 meter receiver, this softrock has the same
sensitivity on 10 meter as a Kenwood TS-850.

I  have also been using a V7 version for 28 Mhz IF

73 Rein W6SZ