[Linrad] Re: Suggestions for future versions of MAP65-IQ

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for your suggestions for MAP65-IQ program
improvements.  I will put them on the list of "suggested
features" that I keep ...

For what it's worth: in all of the areas you mention,
MAP65-IQ and MAP65 have the same behavior.  I have been
using MAP65 for a little over two years now, so I have
become quite accustomed to its operation.

Although real-time updating of the waterfalls has been on my
list of features to be added, I find that I really do not
miss it very much; anyway, I am certain that my time has
been better spent on other things.  I am not sure why you
think that using Linrad's waterfall is "even less
practical"; I make heavy use of it, myself, during a
reception minute.  After an Rx minute is finished, I use the
MAP65 waterfalls in case I need to adjust some decoding
parameters, etc.

If the number of lines in the Messages window becomes too
large, go to the Setup -> Options page are reduce "Timeout"
from 20 min to something smaller.  I usually have mine set
at 12 minutes.

	-- 73, Joe, K1JT