[Linrad] Re: First real EME tests with MAP65-IQ

Hi Leif,

I made the changes you suggested and after setting the gain of the analog
hardware by -10 dB I got the noise floor in the main spectrum at 20 dB.

However, when I switch off the 144 MHz preamp. the noise floor drops only by
10 dB, not by 15 dB as it seems it should be.  What is the reason of this?

73. Gabriel - EA6VQ
Web-Site: HTTP://www.vhfdx.net <HTTP://www.vhfdx.net>
VQLog 3.1 (build 56): HTTP://www.vqlog.com <HTTP://www.vqlog.com>
Real-Time Propagation maps: HTTP://www.vhfdx.net/spots/map.php