-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [http://www.sm5bsz.com/linuxdsp/linrad.htm

EU mirror: http://g7rau.demon.co.uk/sm5bsz/linuxdsp/linrad.htm
US mirror: http://nitehawk.com/sm5bsz/linuxdsp/linrad.htm

The new "Newcomer mode" might make it easier for newcomers
to become familiar with Linrad.
There are several changes that affect setup. All of it in response
to the feedback I have received since 03-05.
The processing is not changed so upgrading from 03-05b should not affect
anything if you use identical processing parameters.

I do however appreciate if all of you upgrade and send reports about
problems you might encounter - or verify that I did not introduce any
new bugs. Some things are re-structured and errors are always possible....

There is one rather serious problem for the future.
Users may set parameters that would require a single thread to use
e.g. 70% of the total CPU power. That would be ok on a Pentium IV,
but not on a Centrino Duo. A single thread can not use two processors
simultaneously so on the Centrino one needs to know CPU load for
each individual thread.

Old linux kernels, up to 2.6.7 allow CPU load per thread with
the get_rusage() function.
Thanks to Jurgen Bartels who pointed me to an informative Internet
location Linrad-03.06 evaluates CPU load per thread under Windows.

BIG PROBLEM: I have not been able to find out how to get the CPU
load per thread under modern Linux kernels. When searching the Internet
I get too much information on other things. The good old program top
has the information and I suppose one could look at the source
code of top. But I can not find that either:-(

Another thing:

There are now 5 WSE systems in stock
http://www.sm5bsz.com/wse/wse.htm

I have produced 50 systems in total and I will not produce any
more WSE units in the future so if you have an interest in these
dual-channel receivers you should be aware that they may be sold
out soon. After that they will only be available on the second hand
market.