From: Leif Asbrink <leif@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: perseus_SDR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx "linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Linrad] 64 bit driver
Date: Sun, August 09, 2009, 14:56:00

Hi All,

I am in the process of building a test system. A multi OS computer
on which I can test problems that people may have running Linrad
on modern systems. It is a D5400XS with two Xeon quad processors
so there will always be idle CPU cores even if programming errors
make one or a couple of the cores run at 100% :-)

I have these operating systems in a multi-boot configuration:
XP 32 bit
XP 64 bit
Vista 32 bit
Vista 64 bit (soon)
Windows 7 32 bit
Windows 7 64 bit
Debian 32 bit
Ubuntu 9.04 32 bit
Ubuntu 9.04 64 bit
Fedora 11 64 bit
Mandriva 2009 32 bit

There are problems with drive routines under Windows. Not only
lack of support for various soundcards, but also incomplete
drivers for e.g. Delta 44.

I have found a 64 bit driver for Perseus on the Internet.
It is named 64bitDriver.rar but it has a problem. When it is
installed I get a blue screen with a stop error when I
try to close Windows XP x64. I had problems with 64 bit Windows 7
which would not give any error message, just freeze when I try
to close, but I am not sure the reason was the Perseus 64 driver.
I just made a fresh install (Partition copy, cp /dev/sdb2 /dev/sda2
under Linux to get back to the state several days ago...)

It seems the Perseus 64 bit driver works properly, but it does
not close(??) when Windows asks it to. Is there anyone who knows
how to correct?