[Linrad] Re: RX overrun error

Joe, Leif,

thanks for all advices and recommendations. I dedicate the following weekend for more tests. I found out one more dependency for MAP65-IQ on new PC. All work well after reboot. Once I switch the application off and would like to start it again, it behaves as I described yesterday.

I'll start with Leif's recommendation for MS Loop back interface, I've already installed it. What is some how strange for me is that Task Manger shows this interface as only 10 MB and doesn't show any traffic on it. Also netstat -n -a doesn't show any listening on the 50000 ports. Next I try to run two Linrads on the same PC with loop back connection to find out if the problem is on TX or RX of LAN.

I don't know how many members of the list have already tested Linrad/MAP65 with success. I guess that the main problem could be between keyboard and chair as none reported similar issues.

I understood that the traffic from Linrad to MAP65 is UDP. What is the network load for 2x I/Q  @ 96 KHz input? Is there any input buffer at MAP65?

Anyway I am happy that I found the way how to run MAP65-IQ at least.

I have the same feeling about Vista as you Joe. When I purchased my new notebook I decided to give Vista try. Fortunately my license allows me to upgrade from Vista to XP. So my last try would be new installation of  XP on the new notebook and give it one more try.

VY 73 Jan