[Linrad] Re: sdr-iq and fc11/linrad problem

Hello Rob,

> I have upgraded from linux fedora core 10 to fc11 and I have now
> problems getting sdr-iq running with linrad.
> Everything was fine with fc10.
>
> Linrad is running ok on fc11 using the internal soundcard.
> For loading the ft245 driver I use:
> - rmmod ftdi_sio
> - /etc/linrad/usb_sdr14 restart
>
> I see in /var/log/messages that the sdr-iq is detected and is using
> the ft245 driver
>
> Then I start
> ./xlinrad
>
> Going to U to setup the input
> Then I see the screen:
> "An SDR is detected on the USB port. Do you........" etc
>
> At this moment FC11 freezes and I have to reboot
I have made a fresh install of Fedora 11 and I tried to compile
the ft245 driver for both of the kernels on my system. First I had to do:

yum install kernel-devel-2.6.29.4-167.fc11
yum install kernel-devel-2.6.30.5-43.fc11

(after su root)

After a reboot xlinrad runs fine with SDR-14 under both klernels.

Your problem is presumably because you have upgraded from fc10 to fc11
maybe the kernel is the same but that something nevertheless is different
in the headers. Make sure to run "make sdr14" in the new environment.