[Linrad] Re: Linrad and MAP65IQ not working

Hi Ed. I recently rebuilt my Dell laptop.  I was thinking about upgrading to
Windows7 at the same time but there were no drivers available for W7, for my
machine.  I started by downloading all of the newest drivers for my laptop
and saving them on a memory stick.  Dell has a great docoment you can
download which tells you the proper order to install all the drivers.  Then
I made a ghost image of the hard disk so I could get back to where I was in
case something went wrong.

Then installed XP Pro, including a reformat of the hard disk.  Then
installed all the drivers in the order specified and finally started
installing other software like MS Word, and all my ham radio stuff.  Result
is that the laptop runs like a new computer, none of the bugs and stalls
that it had been plagued with for a couple of years.  (I did also increase
the memory from 500mb to 2g, but that was done after the rebuild.)

So, try to locate all the drivers first.  Especially drivers for laptop
unique hardware such as the battery, display, touchpad, etc.

Good luck & 73,
Russ K2TXB