[Linrad] Re: 32 or 64 bit

Hi Chris,

> Isn't that simply telling you if the OS is 32 or 64 bit?
> You can have 32 installed on a 64 bit platform.
>
> Or was that the original question?
Yes:-)

The problem was to know what libraries to look for with the
configure script.

Linrad can use optional packages but they may be
difficult to install for newcomers. Therefore the configure
script will give informative (hopefully) messages about
what options that could be added.
For Linrad-03.09 they are:

alsa development (to have native alsa)
extra X11 (to have fast graphics with MIT-SHM)
jack (to connect other programs to the Linrad audio output)
svgalib (to run without X11)

The 32 bit jack version has to be installed when Linrad
runs on a 64 bit OS. That is the problem I needed to solve.
If jack is present as a 64 bit package only Linrad can not
use it and will compile portaudio without jack.
(If portaudio is available)