Re: Piping audio from Linrad to other applications?

> >Are you sure there is no mistake? I find it unbelievable that
> >IMD or noise could be so high that it could affect the sound
> >quality of an SSB or CW signal.
>
> Oh, the signals sound fine, no problem there. But the self noise of
> internal laptop sound systems is typically quite a bit higher than
> your Delta, about -75dB with line inputs shorted. So it is not very
> sensitive. The frequency response is far from flat, and the linearity
> is noticeably poor with a sine on the input. So it is not hard to
> improve on it with an external card. I have had an Audiophile 2496 in
> a desktop system, and the difference is great, as would be expected.
Oooh! Sorry, you wrote about it right after the "piping output" question
so I thought you had problems with the output. ("Nobody" uses the
crappy laptop sound systems for input so I assumed you were using
an SDR-IQ.......)

In case you fail to find a solution you could run Linrad under
Windows. The delay from antenna to loudspeaker would be a bit
larger but otherwise (hopefully) everything would be the same.