[Linrad] Re: AM detection

Hello Alberto,

> I tried to demodulate the AM station with the Canadian phone number behind, using Winrad.
> The results are not too bad, you can listen to them here :  http://tinyurl.com/6pd9hu
> I cut all the initial part, and the recording starts just when the numbers start.
> I locked the reconstructed carrier to the original one, but then I discarded the lower side band, as without it the
> intelligibility did increase.

Hmmm, there is a robustness issue. Surely the numbers are well
copyable, but the last few words are not "be sure to say...."
That sequence is particularly interesting to DX-ers since
it gives the station id.

If you could upload the entire file it would be possible to
make a fair comparison. Conditions vary with time. Maybe the other
sideband is better sometimes?