[Linrad] Re: Perseus with Linrad

Hi Leif,
Thanks for your attention. I guess that your calibration files for
Perseus
will be useful to all Perseus owners.
I have tested Perseus plus a downconverter 144/28 with a signal
generator and a calibrated attenuator with 1 dB steps
for MDS and have discovered that Linrad and Winrad main waterfalls are
about 10 dB more sensitive than Perseus software.
also noticed that even if in the Perseus main waterfall you could not
see anymore the signal, in the extended window the signal was still
about 10 db above noise floor.
Also noticed that even if in Linrad baseband waterfall the  signal was
still visible, you could not detect the signal audio output by ear...
I have noticed also that the dumb noiseblanker is quite effective
except in the condition when the signal is very close to the noise
floor when also the signal gets attenuated by blanker
I would appreciate if you could supply the Linrad optimized settings
for Perseus week signal detection
Pls also advise if the a.m. findings are correct.

73 Corneliu