[Linrad] Re: Ubuntu 8.10

Hi Roger,

You have solved the problem:-) My Ubuntu 8.10 installation had
'Visual Effects' set to 'Normal'. That was the reason for
abnormal behaviour.

I have now set visual effects to 'None' and now the computer
has normal behaviour and seems to run as well as with other
distributions. (I have not analyzed timing issues in detail.)
Thank you Roger:-)

                        ---  0  ---

According to public media here in Sweden it seems like the
leading distributions are:

1)Ubuntu
2)Fedora
3)Opensuse
4)Mandriva

I am using Debian for my daily work, and I have now tested
Ubuntu 8.10 and Mandriva 2009 (the most recent ones) Both of
them (now) run well although I was not able to change the
numbering of my soundcards under Mandriva. ALSA is different
there somehow.

I will test Fedora and Opensuse also.

Is there anyone on this list who prefers another distribution
than the five mentioned? Slackware, Gentoo, CentOS or something
else? If you post a message to this list about why you prefer it
I will install it on my multi-partition hard disk and try to
install Linrad on it to see if there are any surprises...