[Linrad] Re: One PC?

Hi Jeremy,

We can definitely get you going properly with a single-computer
WSE-->Linrad-->MAP65 setup.  It is a perfectly reasonable way to go.

At the Florence EME Conference Leif and I helped the HB9Q group, Dan and
Alex (HB9DRI), work out a few problems they had with their setup.  When
the time comes, and you are testing things, you may want to get some
hints from Alex.

You will want a recent-vintage computer with at least 1 to 1.5 GB of
memory.  I suggest WinXP; Vista would probably work, but I don't have
direct experience with it.  You'll want a Delta 44 for 4-channel
baseband input from the WSE converters; you'll also need sound output
channels to drive the Tx Audio and headphones.

Alex and Ermanno, how do you handle this: two soundcards, or three?
What do you use the Delta44 output channels for, if anything?

	-- 73, Joe, K1JT