RE: [linrad] Compilation errors during Installation of lir00-48 under suse linux 8.0

Hi All,

I was waiting for someone knowlegeable in Linux to answer Pierre, ON5GN

> Hi,
> During the installation of linrad00-48 under Suse linux 8.0 , I
> got several
> error messages 'No such file or directory In file included from
> ****' (see
> appended log)

> In file included from /usr/include/sys/ioctl.h:27,
>                  from main.c:15:
> /usr/include/bits/ioctls.h:24: asm/ioctls.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from /usr/include/sys/ioctl.h:30,
>                  from main.c:15:
It is no longer necessary to include iocth.h in main so this error
can be eliminated by removing line 15 #include </usr/include/sys/ioctl.h>

Removing some useless includes like this will remove some errors but it will not
solve the problem. I think your Linux installation is not complete and I
do not know what packages are missing. To start with I suggest you make
sure C development and perhaps kernel development are installed. If
it does not help it will be necessary to put your question to some general
Linux list because the problem is not related to Linrad, it is something
that is missing in your installation.

> /usr/include/bits/ioctl-types.h:25: asm/ioctls.h: No such file or
> directory
> In file included from conf.h:2,
>                  from main.c:17:
> /usr/lib/oss/soundcard.h:62: linux/ioctl.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from /usr/include/errno.h:36,
>                  from globdef.h:1,
>                  from main.c:18:
> /usr/include/bits/errno.h:25: linux/errno.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [main.o] Error 1

I am sorry I do not have the answer.

73

Leif  /  SM5BSZ