RE: [linrad] source for Delta44 and what PC is recomended?

HI, Oliver!

I would recommend as fast a computer as you think is cost-efficient.  I
would think given current pricing 2 GHz would be reasonable.  Getting an
intel chip like Pentium 4 minimizes chances of CPU incompatibility
problems.  I am using old 1.4 GHz Pentium 4 with 256 M memory and am
happy with its performance.  Though memory is cheap enough that I am
thinking of upgrading to 512 MB or more.  Again, get what you can
reasonably afford.  Less is NOT more when it comes to computers, as you
know.

I didn't do a lot of shopping around for my Delta44.  I have gotten a
lot of audio stuff from Sweetwater over the years and have never been
disappointed, so I got the card from them.  It is currently priced there
at 229.99 USD or so.  I knew if I had problems they'd make it right.
But I didn't have any problems.

URL is http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Delta44/

My other card is PCI64, and I am running RHL 7.2.

Those are just my comments.  I'm not an expert, but I know what worked
for me.  YMMV.

Hope that helps!

73,

Roger Rehr