RE: [linrad] CS5396...a board or two that use it

Hello, All!

I tried to find some products that use the CS5396.
There is a pricey soundcard/input system really meant for semi-pro audio
freaks at:

http://www.pcrecording.com/wamirack.htm

It costs about $800, list I think.  I didn't look for discounts.

There is something from Germany that looks more like part of a PC-based
Data Acquisition system:
http://www.gbm.de/DSP-Systeme/Datenblaetter/sd.pdf

In doing the search I found a couple of interesting cards that I don’t
think use the CS chip, but which look interesting.  I don't know how
much advantage these would really have over the Delta44, and am not
recommending them, just passing on the results of some time I spent
browsing to perhaps save someone else some time:

RME Digi96/8
http://www.rme-audio.com/english/digi96/digi96ps.htm
 Superior analog 24 bit/96 kHz input. Dynamic range 109 dBA
  THD+N analog output: -100 dB / 0,001%
  Dynamic analog output: 108 dB (RMS unweighted, unmuted), 112 dBA
$570.

CardDeluxe, which I think was mentioned on the list before.  It lists
for $399 now, according to the mfg.
http://www.digitalaudio.com/

Input SNR (Full Scale)
 110dB
Output SNR (Full Scale)
 114dB
Dynamic Range (Input)
 110dB
Dynamic Range (Output)
 114dB
Full Scale S/THD+N @xxxx (Input)
 104dB
Full Scale S/THD+N @xxxx (Output)
 100dB

There is probably other better, interesting stuff, but this is what I
found.

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ   FN20ah