Re: [linrad] Successful video cards/Linux installations

John and the list:

I use PCI 64s and a Delta 44 both of which are PCI cards with no problems. I run RHL 7.2 with OSS. I have not had problems with the PCI cards here on the machines I've put Linrad on, ranging from a Pentium Pro 200 to a Pentium 4 1.4 GHz. All the processors I've used have been 'real' Intel processors.

You also ask about audio cards. From what I have measured ISA cards are
the best bet. Most of them work OK. I have yet to get a PCI audio card or
the audio on the motherboard running without some sort of serious
deficiency (lack of anti-aliasing filter, excessive CPU usage, no audio
output on any of the 6 audio output ports).

--
Roger Rehr
W3SZ

LINRADDARNIL