Finally!

I got the Athlon 850 with a TNT2 video card working at last. I had to
install svgalib-1.9.17 and I recieved the error message svgalib cannot open
/dev/svga. The fix for this was to descend into
/usr/local/src/svgalib1-1.9.17/kernel/svgalib_helper and do a make install,
then a make device and finally insmod svgalib_helper. These were obviously
installation errors but they weren't reported when I did the initial install
of svgalib. The other thing I have not resolved yet is that the manuals in
man3,5,7 etc have not installed and there is an error reported for this.

It seems like the Athlon chip is quite happy processing 4 channels of 96khz.
I need to do some cruel tests, Leif can you offer any suggestions for some
settings that would be particularly taxing for the processor?

Now on to the other machine, now that I have a little more idea of how to
fix the problems. What I don't understand is why the installation went so
smoothly last time and has for others and yet this time was really tricky
for me.

Interesting stuff!

Conrad G0RUZ

LINRADDARNIL