From: owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
josh-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 08 January 2003 21:36
To: linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: linrad
Subject: Re: [linrad] More stuff and how to call svgalib_helper

Batch file linrad_start

%<-- %<-- %<--  %<-- %<-- %<--  %<-- %<-- %<--  %<-- %<-- %<--
#!/bin/bash

insmod /usr/local/src/svgalib-1.9.17/kernel/svgalib_helper/svgalib_helper.o

./linrad
%<-- %<-- %<--  %<-- %<-- %<--  %<-- %<-- %<--  %<-- %<-- %<--

chmod +x linrad_start

./linrad_start

I don't know which mixer you are using but most have command based tools
that you can use as well.  You can just put that in the linrad_start file
after the insmod, but befor ./linrad

						Later, JOSH

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Conrad G0RUZ wrote:

> I have 3 new installations running with a Rage Mach 64, Rage 128 and TNT2
> video cards. All work well and the last 2 pass Leifs demanding 200Hz
setting
> with an N=4 window. It is quite amusing with the waterfall average at 1.
At
> 400Hz I need a waterfall average of 2 to get glitch free performance. The
> AFC graph is very amusing :-) I have used svgalib-1.9.17. There is still a
> problem. So that I don't get the message svgalib can' open dev/svga I have
> to descend into /usr/local/src/svgalib-1.9.17/kernel/svgalib_helper and
type
> insmod svgalib_helper.o.
>
> How can I make sure that this happens either everytime that svgalib is
> called (by Linrad) or when Linux boots. I did it before but I can't
remember
> how to make boot-up scripts that will run at automatically. I also need to
> know how to ensure only the bare minimum needed processes run at boot up.
> ran Linrad on the P4 1.4 Ghz machine for 30 minutes at 4 channels of 32
bit
> 96 khz and got 10 overrun errors, Roger w3sz has suggested that the
> unnessary processes that are running are probably responsible. How does
> memory affect performance? I only have 256Mb of Rambus memory in the P4
but
> I have 1Gb in the Athlon 850. The Athlon 850 does very well indeed and I
> think it would be more than adequate in practice. The P3 450 is only just
> adequate but would be ok with a 48Khz sample rate.
>

> Please remind me as I need to make some linux (batch?) files for my mixer
> settings as well.
>
> I have found the last few days very rewarding in many ways and almost as
> interesting as working people on eme. I have ordered my WSE RX2500 as a
> result and I am really looking forward to getting back on, weather and
time
> permitting.
>
> 73
>
> Conrad G0RUZ