Re: [linrad] Elmer needed.

Hello Jim,

I am muddling thru the same conversion to LINUX/LINRAD.

I would prefer that your learning curve be on the reflector, many people would benefit. Like me.... HI

Ignorance is nothing to fear and be ashamed of.

Stan, WA1ECF

wb9uwa@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi All,

If you are a US station and understand well the computer needs for Linux and Linrad,
would you consider "Elmering" me a bit as I choose a low cost computer that is suitable
to the task? This way I can minimize my display of ignorance on the reflector.
Several possiblities exist on Pricewatch and PC USA for between $200 and $250, for computers at over 1 GHZ. Some general PC savy would be helpful here to steer
me away from the poor choices. I think I can buy the monitor locally and at those prices,
it is extra.

73, Jim Shaffer, WB9UWA.

LINRADDARNIL