Re: [linrad] Elmer needed.

Hi Stan,

Ok, I'll try to at least post useful information as I find it.
If you have a line on low cost PC's, please let me know.
What is your understanding for the minimum requirements,
such as number of extra slots, built in video, built in sound, etc?
I do have a Delta 44 card $189 on Ebay, new.

73, Jim.

On 31 Jan 2003 at 17:32, Stan wrote:

> Hello Jim,
>
> I am muddling thru the same conversion to LINUX/LINRAD.
>
> I would prefer that your learning curve be on the reflector, many
> people would benefit. Like me.... HI
>
> Ignorance is nothing to fear and be ashamed of.
>
> Stan, WA1ECF
>

> wb9uwa@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >Hi All,
> >
> >If you are a US station and understand well the computer needs for
> >Linux and Linrad, would you consider "Elmering" me a bit as I choose
> >a low cost computer that is suitable to the task? This way I can
> >minimize my display of ignorance on the reflector. Several
> >possiblities exist on Pricewatch and PC USA for between $200 and
> >$250, for computers at over 1 GHZ. Some general PC savy would be
> >helpful here to steer me away from the poor choices. I think I can
> >buy the monitor locally and at those prices, it is extra.
> >
> >73, Jim Shaffer, WB9UWA.

LINRADDARNIL