Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 10:13 AM
Subject: [linrad] NASM

Hi all
I need some help.
I'm in the process of preparing for LINRAD.
LINUX runs fine. I just installed SVGALIB. Now I want to do NASM, but I stuck with it. Installation from floppy ok. The problem is " ./configure". Here it stucks. I get the following message:
checking for prefix by checking for nasm ... no
checking for gcc ... gcc
checking whether the C compiler ( gcc ) works ... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables
I'm a newcomer to LINUX. All problems during installation of LINUX with 2 different harddrives and all others I could solve by myself. But now... Perhaps somebody is abel to tell me, what the computer needs to continue??

73 Heinz, DM2BHG

LINRADDARNIL